When you’re planning to lose weight, there is no better food than oatmeal. Not only does it reinvigorate you, it also suppresses hunger and revs up the metabolism. It’s also great for heart and intestinal health.
According to the FDA, it’s one of the healthiest foods out there which should be a part of our regular diet. In this article, we will explore the benefits of oatmeal water diet and how it can help us lose weight naturally.
How to Make Oatmeal Water?
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 litre water (1/2 gallon)
- Add 1 cup oatmeal to 1 glass water and let it blend.
- Add the rest of the water and cinnamon. Add a natural sweetener like honey/palm candy/stevia if you wish.
- In case the oatmeal hasn’t blended properly, strain the mix.
- Refrigerate and drink.
How does Oatmeal Water Help You Lose Weight
- Oatmeal is low in calories – In addition to having very few calories, oatmeal provides a satiating effect. It contains a great combination healthy fats, fiber, minerals, and vitamins.
- Oatmeal is purifying – Oatmeal contains certain amino acids that cause us to produce lecithin in the liver, which is necessary to help us purify and remove toxins from our body. Regular consumption of oatmeal water will provide us adequate amount of proteins, minerals, vitamins, and oligo elements.
- Oatmeal improves digestion – Oatmeal reduces our gastric acids and it facilitates digestion. It also helps us avoid constipation.
- Oatmeal is a diuretic – Oatmeal is a diuretic which means that its prevents the body from retaining liquid.
How Often Should You Drink Oatmeal Water?
Drink oatmeal water on an empty stomach for a full month to see results. This will help you to feel full for almost the entire morning and will provide you adequate amount of energy. From then on, drink a glass of oatmeal water before any main meal.
Oatmeal Water Diet (Recommended by Soulful Arogya)
- Breakfast: One glass of oatmeal water, one apple and one cup of tea, preferably green tea.
- Lunch: One glass of oatmeal water as a drink. Spinach salad with asparagus and nuts along with one chicken breast.
- Snack: One green tea or coffee.
- Dinner: One glass of oatmeal water. Oven-roasted eggplant and beets with lemon juice. For dessert, one roasted apple with cinnamon.
The most important thing to remember when planning this kind of diet is to have oatmeal water just as you wake up in the morning on an empty stomach. Even if you don’t follow the above diet, make sure that you are following a balanced diet and getting optimal amount of exercise. With oatmeal water diet, in combination with balanced diet and regular exercise (at least 3 times a week), you will see yourself achieving your weight goals within a month.