There is nothing quite as filling as a healthy bowl of oats early in the morning to fill you and keep you charged up for the day ahead. Here’s a simple oatmeal breakfast recipe to make this healthy food even healthier.
- 1 cup Oats/Organic Oats
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar or Palm Sugar (adjust to preferred sweetness)
- Add oats, water and coconut oil in a medium saucepan
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low
- Let the ingredients simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring as necessary
- When the oats are almost cooked, add the almond milk, chia seeds, ginger, coconut sugar and cinnamon
- Stir the ingredients and let it cook for 5 minutes
- When the oats are done, serve and enjoy while it’s still hot.