It goes without saying that drinking water is good for health. Drinking the right amount water each day can help us lose weight by making us feel fuller.
There is consensus among health experts that drinking about two litres of water per day is ideal. Just like Ayurveda has rules for eating, it has guidelines for drinking water as well. Making these minor changes to your water drinking habits can have a big impact on your overall health.
10 Ayurvedic Guidelines to Drink Water
- It is better to drink water while sitting instead of standing.
- Take slow gulps. Be mindful of the small sips and relax between each sip of water.
- Drink water regularly – don’t aim to drink 2 litres of water at once. Drink 8-10 glasses of water throughout the day.
- Avoid drinking cold water. Drink room temperature water. Warm water is even better.
- Don’t just drink large volume of water because your doctor advised you to. Be mindful of your thirst cues and drink water whenever you feel thirsty.
- Usha Paana is an Ayurvedic practise of drinking water first thing in the morning. Even before brushing your teeth. Following Usha Paana regularly can help us get rid of headaches, kidney stone, obesity, and eye diseases.
- Avoid drinking water before having your food. Instead drink small quantities of water while having your meal and avoid drinking water after the meal.
- The colour of your urine indicates whether you’re sufficiently hydrated. If your urine is dark yellow in colour, it is a sign of dehydration.
- If your lips are dry, it’s a sign of dehydration and you need to drink more water.
- Stop drinking water as soon as you feel content. It’s a cue from your body that your thirst has been quenched.
So these are the Ayurvedic guidelines for drinking water. They are simple, straightforward, and easy to follow. These small changes in our water drinking habits can help us lead a healthier life.
If you liked this article, you may also like:
- Ayurvedic Breakfast Recipe for Weight Loss
- Ayurvedic Guidelines for Better Sleep
- 3 Pranayama Breathing Techniques for Beginners
Wow! I didn’t know Ayurveda had guidelines for drinking water too. Will definitely follow these rules. Thanks!
Touche. Great arguments. Keep up the amazing work.
Always a significant fan of linking to bloggers that I adore but do not get a good deal of link enjoy from.
Taxi St. Anton
[…]just beneath, are quite a few completely not connected web-sites to ours, on the other hand, they may be certainly really worth going over[…]
[…]Here are several of the internet sites we advise for our visitors[…]
[…]Every as soon as in a though we pick blogs that we read. Listed below are the most recent websites that we pick […]
life insurance lawyer
[…]just beneath, are various totally not associated web pages to ours, even so, they’re surely worth going over[…]
Tate Modern Exhibitions
[…]just beneath, are many totally not connected web-sites to ours, on the other hand, they’re surely really worth going over[…]
[…]that could be the end of this article. Right here youll obtain some web sites that we consider you will appreciate, just click the links over[…]
[…]very couple of internet sites that occur to become in depth below, from our point of view are undoubtedly properly really worth checking out[…]
[…] —> Also read: How to Drink Water (According to Ayurveda) […]
[…] One of the easiest things you can do to strengthen your immune system is to drink adequate amount of water. […]